Our Role Plays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creepy Mansion RP

5 posters

Go down

Creepy Mansion RP Empty Creepy Mansion RP

Post  Chocolate Kittens Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:36 pm

Victorian Era, England. In the far off countryside, the head of the Gottbury family has gone insane and closed the doors to his family estate permanently. He won't allow any of his family, or any of the servants, to leave the mansion, and he refuses to let anyone else in. At night, there is a disturbing presence that lurks in the mansion's halls...
Horror/Mystery

Characters should either be family (including distant cousins, aunts, uncles, children, etc), or servants (butlers, maids, cooks, gardeners, etc) of the Gottbury family.

Emil Gottbury stood in his father's office, staring out the large bay window and wishing he could go outside. He let out a sigh and allowed his shoulders to slump, his back to curve forward--but the slamming door behind him startled him into standing up straight. His father walked briskly past him and took a seat at his massive oak desk.
Arthur Gottbury looked his son up and down, "What do you want?"
"The servants are getting restless, father," Emil said quietly. "Perhaps you could let a few of them leave... even for a simple trip to the market..."
He let his voice trail off as his father's black eyes cut through him. He swallowed hard and shied away, bowing his head.
"No one shall leave." his father said sharply.
"Yes sir..." Emil scurried out of the room as fast as he could.

Last edited by Elias on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chocolate Kittens
Chocolate Kittens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Creepy Mansion RP Empty Re: Creepy Mansion RP

Post  Catprio Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Outside the door, one of the newer servants tried to listen in. Rodge Corrigan was planning to go to the bar that night, after a day of working for the household, but that plan was quickly put to an end. Now he really needed a drink.
With a sigh, he backed away from the door. He couldn't here a lick of what the two were saying. He had no idea why the master of the household had locked them in the house, and sure as hell wanted to find out.
Rodge saw Emil leave the room, and gave him a wide eyed look, hoping for at least some good news.
Catprio
Catprio

Back to top Go down

Post  Catnanaginz Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Ever since she heard about her father's rediculous plans, Delwyn Avery Gottbury had spent almost all of her time pacing throughout the house. At some point, she makes her way to her father's study, but stops when she sees a servant standing near the door. She recognizes him quickly, a smile spreading on her face. She walks up to him, winks, and whispers "Hello Rodge, fancy meeting you here."
After a moment she notices her brother standing there as well and turns to him, "Oh yes, hullo to you dearest Brother. How is Father this evening?" she inquires slightly sarcastically.
Catnanaginz
Catnanaginz

Back to top Go down

Post  Violator Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Meanwhile, in a different room a bit away from Arthur's office, a certain little cousin was becoming anxious. Thirteen year old Thompson Gottbury wiggled around in his brother's lap. He couldn't stay still. Why did they have to stay inside? He wanted to play, to move around, to stop reading the stupid brown book propped in front of him.
"I'm bored!"
"You've said that three times," the older sibling, Lysander, replied calmly. The two were sitting in a chair together, reading. He flipped another page of the thick novel in front of him and the smaller brunette. "Shall I continue reading-"
"No!" Thompson roughly pushed the book away, stood up, and decided to go explore. Maybe he'd find out why the heck his brother wasn't allowing him to go anywhere at the same time. The tiny brunette started to walk away quickly before Lysander could do anything but sigh.
Down the hall he went, not really knowing where he was headed. The mansion was too big to keep track of, and apparently it was also too hard to notice when a person was in your path. Thompson bumped into someone and fell right onto his bottom, whining and glaring up at the person.
Violator
Violator

http://strawberrynya.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Catin Raele Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:21 am

Pamela Reed's face flushed bright red with embarassment and she did a little curtsy, " I-I'm so sorry Little Master, I should have been paying more attention. I'm very sorry sir." Pam prayed that she wouldn't get in too much trouble. She had been working as a maid for the Gottbury family for several years now and hated it when she upsetted one of her employers. But she couldn't help being flustered. She didn't know what to do with herself now that they were all locked in the mansion. Was she supposed to go about the day like it was normal or should she be panicing? She tried to shake the thoughts from her head and attempted to help the young master up.
Catin Raele
Catin Raele
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chocolate Kittens Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:46 pm

Emil gave Rodge and Delwyn a weary look. He rubbed his eyes. "Father is still insane as always, dear sister." he said. "He isn't budging from his decision in the least. I suppose we'll have to tell people. Mr Corrigan, can you gather everyone in the foyer?"
Chocolate Kittens
Chocolate Kittens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Catprio Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:24 pm

Rodge gave a sarcastic bow, and answered Emil, sure to look him in the eye. 'Gladly, Mr. Gottbury.' He made sure to draw out the man's last name. He was the son of the master of the house, after all.
The same master of the house that locked them in the bloody house for god knows how long.
Still, he set out on his task, alerting anyone he saw to go to the foyer immediately. Some of the people he ran into was a maid, Ms. Reed, and some of the cousins whose names he didn't care enough to know. 'Oi, you three, Emil wants everyone in the foyer right away. We're going to talk about the... situation we're stuck in.' He made a motion with his hands to encourage them to move along.
Catprio
Catprio

Back to top Go down

Post  Catnanaginz Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:13 pm

Delwyn watched Rodge walk away before turning to Emil, "Well something must be done. We cannot be expected to be kept locked up in the house forever." As she walked away from him towards the foyer, she realized that she would have to speak with her father about this eventually. No matter how stubborn he was expected to be, she would be all the more. After all, she is his daughter.
Catnanaginz
Catnanaginz

Back to top Go down

Post  Violator Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Lysander nodded and sighed, putting down his book. He got up swiftly and did as was instructed by Rodge.

Along the way he collected his brother, who was, as it seemed, yelling at a maid he recognized as Pamela.
"Come along, Thompson," he took the obnoxious boy by the hand. "And of course you as well, Pamela." He offered a small smile to her as an apology for Thompson's behavior.
"Why?" The small boy took his hand away. Lysander did not object or answer, just continued walking to the foyer, expecting Thompson to follow. He did.
Violator
Violator

Back to top Go down

Post  Catin Raele Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:31 am

Pamela hurried after the two cousins nervously rubbing her hands. When they reached the main foyer they found a steadily growing crowd of servants and family members. Pamela found a spot by several other maids and waited anxiously.
Catin Raele
Catin Raele
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chocolate Kittens Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:31 pm

"I truly agree with you, sister," Emil sighed.
He waited for everyone to file into the foyer before clearing his throat to get their attention. "I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news everyone, but it looks like we'll all be staying here until further notice... I will put all my efforts into convincing father to open the gates, but please... be patient until then."
Chocolate Kittens
Chocolate Kittens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Catprio Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:54 pm

With pretty much everyone in the foyer, Rodge stood with some of the other workers of the house. His expression was dark, since he already knew the less than good news Emil was going to deliver.
Despite knowing, he still let out a small groan at the news. Hearing it again didn't make anything better, if anything, it made it worse. They were stuck in the house until Mr. Gottbury decided to let them out. Which didn't sound too hopeful, seeing as the master didn't seem to be in the best of mental conditions.
Catprio
Catprio

Back to top Go down

Post  Catnanaginz Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:37 pm

After her brother delivered the inevitably expected news, Delwyn moved to stand beside him, facing everyone. As she spoke, she tried to reassure everyone as best she could:
"I know that you all wish to leave this place, as do I. My brother and I have no inkling at all as to why our father would act this way. But I intend to get to the bottom of it, I swear. I will speak to him tonight at dinner." She looked around at the others, hoping her announcement was sufficient for now.
Catnanaginz
Catnanaginz

Back to top Go down

Post  Violator Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:21 am

Thompson was about to protest loudly before Lysander patted his head a bit more roughly than for a normal pat. He glared up at his brother but said nothing to the blank faced brunette, huffing and crossing his arms.

Lysander rolled the information over in his head, staring straight ahead at Emil and Delwyn. Why the master of the house would do such a thing was completely beyond him, but he always thought of his uncle to be a bit... odd. It wasn't as surprising as it should have been. At least there were many books to occupy his time with.
Violator
Violator

Back to top Go down

Post  Catin Raele Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:17 am

Pamela sighed. She didn't want to be stuck in the mansion. It just gave her more chances to screw something up. Other servants groaned around her. They probably had family and friends they wanted to go home to but now, who knew how long they'd all be locked in. She stared up at the master's son and wondered what was going through his mind. Shaking her head she hurried off to find a chore to distract herself.
Catin Raele
Catin Raele
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chocolate Kittens Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:54 pm

"If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I think we should prepare for dinner. Return to your jobs as normal, please," Emil urged. He dismissed the meeting and turned to his sister, "What in heavens are we going to do?" he said fretfully. Despite him being the older brother, he had always looked to his little sister for guidance. She was much more confident than he was.
Chocolate Kittens
Chocolate Kittens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Catprio Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:08 pm

Seething, Rodge stalked out of the foyer. They were planning to just carry on and cook dinner? That was fucking stupid, ridiculous, and a few other choice words he wanted to share with Emil and that sister of his.
As he was lamenting to himself over the sheer stupidity of the masters of the house, he bumped into one of the maids, Pamela or something of the like. He huffed, straightening out his overcoat. 'So miss Reed.' He started, looking as angry as ever. 'Are you planning to go along with this ridiculous notion that we should pretend that we're not locked into this god-damned house?'
Catprio
Catprio

Back to top Go down

Post  Catnanaginz Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Delwyn whispered to her brother, "We are going to speak to our Father, for one. Together we have more power against him. And we must decide what to tell everyone else. I know they are getting restless."
She walked over to where she had seen Pamela standing (hoping to speak with her), arriving just after Rodge spoke his angered words.
Catnanaginz
Catnanaginz

Back to top Go down

Post  Catin Raele Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:14 pm

"W-well I-I-" Pamela stammered. Rodge always intimidated her. Every time he was around she tried especially hard not to mess up, but her nerves always got the best of her. Clearing her throat, she tried to say something that wouldn't make her look a complete feel that Rodge no doubt thought she was. "I should think we should stand by the young master and mistress do as they wish." Wondering whether or not Rodge would care for her answer, Pamela noticed the young mistress approaching.
Catin Raele
Catin Raele
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chocolate Kittens Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:49 pm

emerson still needs to reply but whateva

"Yes," Emil said nodding. He bit his lip and fidgeted quietly as he watched his sister walk away. He wasn't sure what to do, too anxious to go off on his own but too nervous to talk to anyone. He wondered what was going to happen to them all...
He began to realize that everyone was leaving the hall, so out of fear of being alone, he scurried after his cousins, Lysander and Thompson. "I'm sorry about all of this, you two." he said quietly.
Chocolate Kittens
Chocolate Kittens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Catprio Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:39 am

Rodge rolled his eyes, giving Pamela a look as if she were several shades of special.
'You're an idiot too then. They have no idea what they're doing.' He spat, noticing Delwyn approaching but barely caring. 'This is just some fucking blind leading the blind bullshit.'
Catprio
Catprio

Back to top Go down

Post  Catnanaginz Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:57 am

"Pam, Rodge." Delwyn linked an arm with Pamela's and smiled uneasily at the two of them. "I'm sorry about all of this. I'm trying to get my father to see that he can't trap us here for no reason." She looked at Rodge with slight contempt. "As blind as we may be, this is really all we can do at the moment. Unless you have a suggestion, of course."

Last edited by Shananaginz on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Catnanaginz
Catnanaginz

Back to top Go down

Post  Violator Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:16 pm

Lysander turned to Emil and shook his head, still holding onto his younger brother's hand.
"I understand you can't do anything." His voice was calm and his face unconcerned. He took a quick glance at Thompson. "We are fine. Yes?"
Thompson glared at Emil harshly. "No! Why do we have to stay in here? This is stupid!" He paused to pull his hand away and stand defiantly in front of them both. "I'm gonna leave if you don't answer me and there's nothin' you can do about it."
Lysander felt no need to interject. Thompson was hardly ever true to his word.
Violator
Violator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum